National Poetry Month is about sharing and celebrating the wonder of poetry. Thursday is Poem in Your Pocket Day across the U.S.!
CMS activities to celebrate poetry are:
- Pocket poems scavenger hunt in the library all week. See Mrs. G for directions
- Look for the hidden "golden poem" at lunch Tuesday, Wednesday and tell Mrs. G where you found it
- Rap your poem during the poetry slam on the stage.
- What better way to celebrate than by putting poetry in a public place? Write a poem in chalk on the cement in the quad.
- Look for the hidden "golden poem". Once you've found it take it to the stage and read it aloud then you will receive a ....
- Share your poem with a peer. Tap someone on the shoulder, share your poem and then they will share theirs.
Today's poem: Voices
There is a voice inside of you
That whispers all day long.
"I feel that this is right for me,
I know that this is wrong."
No teacher , preacher, parent, friend
Or wise man can decide
What's right for you--just listen to
The voice that speaks inside.
ASB: Are you interested in becoming an ASB officer next year? If so please come to the next ASB meeting to get information next Thursday in room 11 during lunch.
Feeling artistic? Professional artists will be on campus again Friday from 3 - 4:30 for all students who want to get their art on and be creative. Last week was great. Some of our students took their art home and others decided to enter their creations in the Carpinteria Women's Club Art Contest. Go to the art room after school if you would like to participate.
6th Grade Math Club: Today at lunch in rm 14. Bring your lunch.
Noon Sports: Today is opening day for "Scatterball" aka Hunger Games Dodgeball.
All sixth grade girls' teams will play today. Meet in the MPR at 12:10.
Anyone may still sign up to play. See Mr. Sabraw in room 20
Christian Club: Tomorrow at lunch in room 21. Come and join the fun!
News Club: Tomorrow after school from 3 - 4 in the mac lab.
Excellence points exchange: Library at lunch tomorrow
Spotlight Club: Thursday in the MPR from 3-4:30 pm.
Club Live: 7th and 8th grade will meet Wednesday at lunch in Room 3. Club Live for 6th grade will meet on Friday at lunch in Room 3.
Eco Club: Thursday in the garden at 3:15
ASB: Meeting on Thursday during lunch in room 11