National Poetry Month is about sharing and celebrating the wonder of poetry. Thursday is Poem in Your Pocket Day across the U.S.!
CMS activities to celebrate poetry are:
- Pocket poems scavenger hunt in the library all week. See Mrs. G for directions
- Look for the hidden "golden poem" at lunch Tuesday, Wednesday and tell Mrs. G where you found it
- Rap your poem during the poetry slam on the stage.
- What better way to celebrate than by putting poetry in a public place? Write a poem in chalk on the cement in the quad.
- Look for the hidden "golden poem". Once you've found it take it to the stage and read it aloud then you will receive a ....
- Share your poem with a peer. Tap someone on the shoulder, share your poem and then they will share theirs.
For every star that falls to earth a new one glows.
For every dream that fades away a new one grows.
When things are not what they would seem
You must keep following your dream
Rod McKeun from his book of poetry "Listen to the Warm"
ASB: Are you interested in becoming an ASB officer next year? If so please come to the next ASB meeting to get information next Thursday in room 11 during lunch.
Feeling artistic? Professional artists will be on campus again Friday from 3 - 4:30 for all students who want to get their art on and be creative. Last week was great. Some of our students took their art home and others decided to enter their creations in the Carpinteria Women's Club Art Contest. Go to the art room after school if you would like to participate.
Noon Sports: Lots of fun was had during the 6th grade girls Scatterball games. Winning teams were the "Weiners," Zahea and Celeste, and the "Amazing Unicorns," Yahaira and Fatima.
Today: 6th grade boys will play Scatterball beginning at 12:50 in MPR
Tomorrow's games: 7th and 8th grade girls
Thursday's games: 7th and 8th grade boys
Christian Club: Today at lunch in room 21. Come and join the fun!
News Club: Today after school from 3 - 4 in the mac lab.
Excellence points exchange: Library at lunch today
Spotlight Club: Thursday in the MPR from 3-4:30 pm.
Club Live: 7th, 8th and 6th grade will meet tomorrow during lunch in Room 3. Club Live for 6th grade
The final deadline to turn in Magic Mountain permission slips and money to Ms. Frederick is this Thursday, April 30.
Eco Club: Thursday in the garden at 3:15
ASB: Meeting on Thursday during lunch in room 11