National Poetry Month is about sharing and celebrating the wonder of poetry. Tomorrow is Poem in Your Pocket Day across the U.S.!
CMS activities to celebrate poetry are:
- Pocket poems scavenger hunt in the library all week. See Mrs. G for directions
- Look for the hidden "golden poem" at lunch today and tell Mrs. G where you found it for a "surprise"!
- Rap your poem during the poetry slam on the stage.
- What better way to celebrate than by putting poetry in a public place? Write a poem in chalk on the cement in the quad.
- Look for the hidden "golden poem". Once you've found it take it to the stage and read it aloud then you will receive a ....
- Share your poem with a peer. Tap someone on the shoulder, share your poem and then they will share theirs.
My teacher calls me sweetie cakes.
My classmates think it's funny
to hear her call me angel face
or pookie bear or honey.
She calls me precious baby doll.
She calls me pumpkin pie
or doodle bug or honey bunch
or darling butterfly.
My class is so embarrassing
I need to find another;
just any class at all
in which the teacher's not my mother.
ASB: If so please come to the next ASB meeting to get information in room 11 during lunch.
Feeling artistic? Professional artists will be on campus again Friday from 3 - 4:30 for all students who want to get their art on and be creative. Last week was great. Some of our students took their art home and others decided to enter their creations in the Carpinteria Women's Club Art Contest. Go to the art room after school if you would like to participate.
Noon Sports: "Doughnutz" (Aratata & Luke), "Mexican Kids" (Edgar & Ruben), and "Two Guys Who Are Fun" (Dustin & partner) emerged as winning teams in yesterday's action filled Scatterball games.
Today's games beginning at 12:50 in MPR will be with all 7th,8th grade girls' teams, followed by 7th, 8th grade boys' teams.
Students may still sign up to play. See Mr. Sabraw.
Spotlight Club: Tomorrow in the MPR from 3-4:30 pm.
Club Live: 7th, 8th and 6th grade will meet today during lunch in Room 3. Club Live for 6th grade
The final deadline to turn in Magic Mountain permission slips and money to Ms. Frederick is tomorrow.
Eco Club: Tomorrow in the garden at 3:15
ASB: Meeting tomorrow during lunch in room 11. If you are interested in becoming an ASB officer next year this is the meeting for YOU!